[Xerte] Narration oddness (Wizards)

Deborah Delin admin at strivney.com
Sun Apr 24 13:47:07 BST 2011

Yes, Jonathan, your funny feeling is right:  I pointed out this problem with
the desktop version in and Julian was kind enough to send a fix (see
attached) which was subsequently tested by a couple of us and worked.  I
think you said you were going to wait and see if it was stable before
implementing the change in Wizards.  I just tried to test in Wizards to see
if there is the same "narration oddness" and observed the following.

- Narration shows up on first page load, but after advancing to another page
and then returning, the narration disappears.  See:

http://www.strivney.com/mod/resource/view.php?id=2042 (please use guest
access)

- I am not sure if it is me - I am new at this - or if there is a bug but I
can't get narration to show up consistently on subsequent pages.  Can you
please confirm I only need one narration handler for as many Page Wizards as
I want?  Please see attached screenshot.  I tried putting narration handlers
in various places and got very random results. Although I added narration to
all the pages, sometimes it appeared and sometimes not (when tested in
browser and not just preview).

Thanks very much in advance.

Deborah