[Xerte] Re: . Xerte 2.n - Page Wizards (April 2011 release)

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 21 16:22:51 BST 2011

I have just performed a few tests.

I took the following Page Wizards
Summary
Image Viewer
Quiz

For each one I unzipped the page wizard, edited the .xml file to remove the
learning object tags and any leading spaces, edited the .rml file by
performing a search and replace on ".learningObject[0]." replacing it with
"."

so that lines such as

align = pageIcon.templateData.learningObject[0].quiz[0].align;

became

align = pageIcon.templateData.quiz[0].align;

The xwd files were not altered in any way.

The modified files were then rezipped into Page Wizard .xcp files and the
wizards used in a new Xerte project.

The summary page appeared to work correctly.

The quiz page wizard failed to perform correctly in that when the quiz item
was selected in the left panel, the quiz properties were displayed in the
right panel but the link to add a new question was not displayed. When the
question option was selected in the left panel the question properties were
displayed in the right panel but only the link to add a new option was
displayed, there was no link to add a new question.

The image viewer wizard failed to display properly - whilst the wizard
appears to work correctly, when the wizard is opened spurious entries appear
in the left panel as shown in the attached jpg file.

I have no idea what could be causing these side effects, however they appear
to be consistent across each page wizard. That is to say that if I create
two quiz pages, they both fail to offer the link to add a new question. If I
create additional image summary pages they each display the same strange
entries in the left panel of the wizard.

Kind regards

Johnathan