[Xerte] Youtube Issues: XOT

Adam Salem asalem at wortech.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 11:31:55 BST 2011

Hey guys,

I emailed the list some time ago with an issue I was having with Youtube, having been off for a bit I'm coming back to this and still having issues.

I'm embedding a Youtube video using the new iframe embed code with the latest copy of Youtube.rlm as well as Youtube.swf checked out from the svn today.

The Youtube video simply does not play. Sadly the server I'm working on isn't externally publicised so I can't link you to the object but the video is set as Unlisted on Youtube but embedding works with that same video on a Moodle install that resides on the same server as XOT.

Using Fiddler it appears that the URL used in getvideo is malformed, exactly how, I don't know. The Embed contains only one ? Yet the URL being sent to Youtube contains 2 ?'s, thus breaking it. If I manually change the URL to be correctly formed and paste it into a browser, it works.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Manu thanks
Adam
This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only. It may contain confidential or sensitive information. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee unless specific authorisation has been given by the sender. Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in transmission. Thank you.

Save paper, only print this email if really necessary and think green. Please turn off PC's and lights when not in use.

Don't just standby, Switch Off!

Worcester College of Technology EcoCampus Group.