[Xerte] Xerte 2 : Combo box value is defaulting to "" why?

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 5 15:07:24 BST 2011

Hello Xerte team,

As far as I can tell this line is set up like many other optional property
lines and I don't recall hitting this problem before

In an xwd file I have the optional property

<narPlayback type="ComboBox" label="Narration Playback" options="On page
load,On user request" data="pageLoad,userRequest" default="pageLoad"
width="150" optional="true"/>

When the page wizard is opened and the Narration Playback property added and
the page wizard closed, the value of narPlayback changes from undefined to
""
If the page wizard is re-opened the combo box displays the selected value as
"On page load".
Clicking on the value "On page load" does not change the value from "" to
"pageLoad".

The only way I can actually set the value of narPlayback to "pageLoad" is to
select the alternative option from the combo box i.e. "On user request" and
then to select "On page load"

What am I missing here?
What do I need to do to ensure that when the optional property is added it
receives the default value of "pageLoad"?

Kind regards

Johnathan