[Xerte] Re: simple presentation

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:31:20 BST 2011

You have to address the specific parent/sibling structure.
Julian was giving an example.

Look at the layout.

icon.parentNode.getChildByName(“protoPage”).duplicate(templateData.presentation[0].page.length
- 1);

parentNode of makePages = Learning Object

Does Learning Object have a direct child called 'protoPage'? No.

Try this:

icon.nextSibling.getChildByName('protoPage').duplicate(templateData.presentation[0].page.length - 1);

Because the makePages nextSibling (Interface) has a direct child named protoPage

So your pages will be duplicated. But other things will appear undefined as they are also making relative position assumptions that no longer hold.

Dave