[Xerte] Re: simple presentation

Patricia Heijmen patricia at e-w-i.nl
Mon Apr 4 09:10:18 BST 2011

Thank you Dave,

I am a bit further now. But still have some trouble.

Now I have :
the make pages icon, then the interface icon, the interface icon contains an entry frame, and the protopage. So I addes only an entry frame.

I made 3 pages with the template

I changed the code in the makepagesicon into:

icon.nextSibling.childNodes[2].duplicate(templateData.presentation[0].page.length - 1);

icon.nextSibling.attributes.title = templateData.presentation[0].name;

//set the page titles
for (i = 0; i < templateData.presentation[0].page.length; i++){
  icon.nextSibling.childNodes[i].attributes.title = templateData.presentation[0].page[i].name;
}

If I preview the presentation and I got only one page: Page 2. It contains the right text and picture but there should be 3 pages.

Then  I changed
icon.nextSibling.childNodes[2].duplicate(templateData.presentation[0].page.length - 1);
into
icon.nextSibling.childNodes[1].duplicate(templateData.presentation[0].page.length - 1);

Then with previewing I got 3 pages,  it doesn't show page 1, then it shows page 2 and 3 (with correct pictures and text) and then it shows a page undefined.

I should think icon.nextSibling.childNodes[2] is the protoPage? But why doesn't that work? and why do I get some result with icon.nextSibling.childNodes[1]? And why I don't get page 1 then?

Patricia