[Xerte] RE: Xerte Friday online session tomorrow

Alistair McNaught Alistair.McNaught at HEAcademy.ac.uk
Thu Sep 23 10:54:42 BST 2010

Yes, of course

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Patrick
Lockley
Sent: 23 September 2010 10:45
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: [Xerte] RE: Xerte Friday online session tomorrow

Can I tweet this?

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Alistair
McNaught
Sent: 23 September 2010 09:11
To: A list to facilitate and support teachers using Xerte Online
Toolkits; Xerte discussion list
Subject: [Xerte] Xerte Friday online session tomorrow

Dear Xerte people

This is a reminder that Friday 24th Sept (ie this Friday) is the last
Friday of the month. That means it's the XerteFriday where we look at
Xerte and the clever things people can do with Xerte OnlineToolkits in a
teaching and learning context.

This month's topic is 'Xerte in Practice' and will look at ways of using
Xerte with a range of learners in a range of subject areas. As always
this online training session is free, lasts around 45 minutes and (if I
remember to press the right button!) will be recorded.

To join us simply go to www.instantpresenter.com/techdisonline104.
Starts 1pm at UK local time (GMT +1). It's easy to take part but if
you're new to this sort of thing you'll find detailed joining
instructions at www.techdis.ac.uk/getxertefriday. Log in a few mins
beforehand if possible.

We'd like this to be an interactive session so if you have a Xerte
Online Toolkit creation online somewhere we'd be delighted if you would
be prepared to share us the url in the session and say a little about
the context you're using it in. If you have a headset with a microphone
you could talk about the object, otherwise we can use the online chat
facility to communicate.  Don't worry if you have not got a Xerte object
to share, come along and enjoy seeing what other people have created.

All the best

Alistair

Alistair McNaught

Senior Advisor

JISC TechDis

C/O The Higher Education Academy Building

Innovation Way

York Science Park

YORK

YO10 5BR

07870567659

Skype: alistair_techdis

www.techdis.ac.uk

____________________
This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose,
copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in
reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before
deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that
Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that
you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are
free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing
practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131

message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email
permitted by UK legislation.