[Xerte] RE: Xerte Branding

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Sep 21 13:29:00 BST 2010

Use rootIcon.loadIcon(yourSwf.swf);

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Julian Tenney
Sent: 21 September 2010 13:20
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: [Xerte] FW: Xerte Branding

From: Joel Reed [mailto:joelreed1 at googlemail.com]
Sent: 20 September 2010 12:06
To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Subject: Xerte Branding

Hi,

I am fairly new to the Xerte Open Source e-Learning Development tool and I have a specific question regarding Branding and generating an Entry Frame Icon. I came across this entry on the existing Xerte Wiki - http://wiki.xerte.net/index.php5?title=Advanced_Branding - however it doesn't go in to specific technical details regarding how to implement this process.

I have a small image which I would like to place in the top left hand corner of my Xerte template (which I am designing in the off-line version of Xerte), which will appear on every Xerte page which I produce, similarly to the 'Robin Hood' example on the Xerte website.

I have got to the point where I have created a .SWF file which I have attached to my template and the picture sits in the correct position on top of the Xerte framework, but the problem I now have is that the title and sub-title text generated in the top left hand corner of the frame, now sits behind my image and cannot be read. What I want to do is move the title text across from its current x and y co-ordinates to the right by a certain amount of pixels. Is this possible?

Regards,

Joel