[Xerte] flash version for imported swfs in Xerte 2 desktop

Mary Ann Ahearn maryann at moberg.com
Fri Sep 17 01:32:15 BST 2010

Hi all,
Somewhere I got the notion that any swf files to be played within a xerte
learning object need to be published as Flash 8, ActionScript 2.0.  Some of
the newer editions of Flash no longer give that option, or so I'm told, and
sometimes we need to do several saves in older versions of Flash in order to
get to this standard.

Is this a real requirement or did I dream it up?  Just poked around in the
list archives, and some other docs looking for info and can't find anything.

We imported a swf published for Flash 9, AS 3 and it worked fine, but I'm
nervous to trust it.

Thanks for clarification of the requirements.

ma