[Xerte] XOT Peer review

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 13:51:44 BST 2010

 Hi Pat

I'm guessing it's you that has been replying to this on Twitter and the char
limit obviously makes it difficult so thought it better to reply here...

Can you explain exactly how the peer review system identifies the email
address? If I understand correctly this should work something like this...

1. Author enables peer review and sends the link by email to a colleague.
Good to know this works without needing to make the LO public.

2. The colleague reviews the LO and types and submits feedback via the form
on the review page.

3. I think you're saying details added to site details then appends the
username to the sitedetails info to determine the email to send to. On the
sandpit or other installations where users don't use the same email domain
how would this work? Even with an installation used by staff within one
organisation it will not always follow that their username and email format
are always consistent.

The peer review system is still useful but with installations like the
sandpit probably needs a message prompting to send feedback via email rather
than the form - if my assumptions are correct?

Cheers

Ron