[Xerte] Changing the layout of the nested pages intranscriptreader

Alistair McNaught Alistair.McNaught at HEAcademy.ac.uk
Mon Sep 13 17:25:36 BST 2010

Another non-Xerte approach would be to get them to work in small groups
and compare their piece with one another's and coming up with what they
thought was their 'group best version'.

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Warde, Paul C
Sent: 13 September 2010 10:39
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: RE: [Xerte] Changing the layout of the nested pages
intranscriptreader

Alistair.

The original query was raised by one of our ESOL tutors who has a
speaking and listening topic where she dicates to her class, they write
the passage of text then compare their handwritten piece with a correct
copy that she provides them with. As she dictates she announces full
stops, new sentences, capital letters etc and pauses frequently.

The transcript reader would work perfectly aside from the fact it
presents each section of dictation as a separate paragraph (she is
trying to teach correct paragraph structure and grammar in a way that
relates to the actual exam that they take at the end of the year)

Many thanks for the ideas, I'll explore these and see whether they can
be made to work.

Paul

Paul Warde
ILT Technical Support Worker