[Xerte] XOT iSpring free

Peter Snowball Peter.Snowball at development.tas.gov.au
Tue Oct 26 00:12:25 BST 2010

Hi All.
We have used ispring (pro) successfully but only as a simple SWF conversion of slides with animation - removed all the slide navigation etc that comes with Ispring.  In our experience the full screen issues seem to be a combination of operating system,  browser and Ispring.  We changed from Ispring to Xerte because of better video control - we have now built a custom frame work (based on page wizards) that in many ways is better than Ispring.  So now only using Ispring for PPT slides with animation otherwise we use print2flash.

We trialled Xerte on a vista machine +  IE 8  and Xerte looked great - but  nearly went mad when viewed on XP + IE 7  (standard gov environment) - lost screen size control as reported in this thread and though something was wrong.  The problem is not entirely limited to Ispring - from memory this has also happened with wink files and open office saved as SWF etc.  I have duplicated I spring behaviour on several XP machines  - but generally behaviour on Vista is Ok .  To demonstrated the capability of Xerte I use my Vista machine and display size control is generally OK .  There is a strong possibility that Windows 7 + later version of IE and Firefox etc  may go a long way to fixing this issue.  So may be a legacy issue with XP and or old browsers ??

I am sure I posted my operating system + browser trial (WIN XP  & Vista with IE, Firefox, chrome, opera etc) on the forum under a different threat (to the one below)  but can't find it.    Finally we removed the screen size control from RLO with script  for our XP machines.  See original post from earlier this year.

[Xerte] Ispring SWF - full screen issues <http://lists.nottingham.ac.uk/pipermail/xerte/2010-January/003873.html>

Hope this helps

Peter Snowball
Department of Economic Development, Tourism and the Arts *  22 Elizabeth St, Hobart, Tasmania 7000