[Xerte] starting xerte, but a little complex

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 21 22:33:21 BST 2010

The page in your image 1 is one of a number of pages that come pre-built in
Xerte in the Page Templates project template. However the easiest way to
examine how the page is constructed and to gain access to the icons and
scripts that make up the page is probably to download the Page Wizards from
the Xerte wiki.

The Page Wizards duplicate every page that is available in the Page
Templates project template, but as individual page templates that can be
used in Xerte projects whilst remaining in the Xerte icon based development
environment. Take a look at the Page Wizard documentation as this is
explained fully there.

The Page Wizards are an excellent way of learning how Xerte works as every
page provides a worked example. Often you can take an existing Page Wizard
as a starting point from which you can then develop your own bespoke page.

Anyway, if you want to find out more then go to the Xerte wiki and take a
look at the Page Wizards page.

http://wiki.xerte.net/index.php5?title=Page_wizards

Kind regards

Johnathan