[Xerte] Camtasia Studio

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 16:47:22 BST 2010

I use Camtasia Studio 7 and you can download a fully functioning 30day
trial.

Most of my Xerte screencasts on YouTube embedded on
http://mitchellmedia.co.uk/xerte are done with this but also with some help
from photostory, Premiere, Photoshop etc.

I think in terms of teacher use those who want to progress on from the
basics could make good use of this especially if you setup templates and
libraries and preferred settings etc so realistically:

-        Can use with a bit of training

-        Can use with ongoing training and support

Are the most likely profiles. But some will be Cannot use, as it’s too
complicated and/or too time consuming.

I think the audio quality is just as important and tricky to get right but
that applies whatever tool is used. The Samson Go at about £30 is a great
little mic and what I've been using lately.