[Xerte] Objects disappearing from interface

Alicia.Wallace alicia.wallace at hartpury.ac.uk
Tue Oct 12 10:55:22 BST 2010

Hi

I have been working on a basic radio buttons interaction using the Wiki as a guide.

I got it working, and as part of tidying up, I tried to shift my FeedBack text to be the last object in the interface. I dragged it down until the thin black line appeared just above Deleted Items.

The Feedback text disappeared completely. It wasn't moved to Deleted Items, it just disappeared. Having done that, I tried to recreate it, but it wasn't visible (when I ran the learning object) unless I added it before the interaction in the list of objects in the page. Trying to move it to the bottom of the list, it disappeared again.

Are they going somewhere I can recover them from, or just being permanently deleted?

Also, after the first Feedback text disappeared, because the buttons had been working I moved onto the extended Radio Buttons tutorial, and the scripts in that one weren't recognised: The original script still worked, but it was as though anything after the Submit button script didn't exist, so the last couple of objects weren't drawn (I tested with a basic text box: the box was drawn when I placed it before the Radio buttons interaction, but not afterwards. I set the button script to disable the button when a certain answer was chosen and that works, but nothing after that point does).

Have you any idea why this is happening?

Alicia Wallace
E-Materials Developer - Environmental Technologies

Hartpury College
Hartpury House
Gloucestershire
GL19 3BE

Tel: 01452 702461
E-mail: alicia.wallace at hartpury.ac.uk<mailto:rob.matts at hartpury.ac.uk>
www.hartpury.ac.uk/projects/SWEET<http://www.hartpury.ac.uk/projects/SWEET>

[http://www.hartpury.ac.uk/images/ofsted_logo.gif]
Hartpury College - Graded Outstanding by Ofsted 2009-2010

This is confidential or sensitive information. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in transmission. Thank you.