[Xerte] Getting frames out of a .mov

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 8 09:16:42 BST 2010

I have some QuickTime VR movies: they are 3D models of parts of the skeleton. In QuickTime, they allow the user to spin the model around.

I can convert the file to .flv for use in Xerte, but the playback is a bit choppy, and only goes forwards.

What I'd like to do is get the individual frames out of the movie, and then build my own interaction allowing the user to ape the QuickTime controls to spin the model, moving from frame to frame in a swf.

So how can I get a sequence of images out of the .mov?