[Xerte] hyperlinks

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 10 13:08:33 GMT 2010

Even if you don't want to use Page Wizards they can be useful to you to show
you how to code your own pages.

The routedPlainText Page Wizard does exactly what you are trying to do and
includes the use of the navToPage function that Julian is referring to.

If you create a Page using the routedPageWizard you can expand the model
structure and see how it is coded.

You may find that you then choose to include the Page Wizard page in your
project, but if you don't you can delete it once you have examined the code
to learn how to create your own pages.

The Page Wizard does a bit more than you are seeking to achieve in that it
displays a message if the page cannot be found and it is designed to
function in a Framework or off the Project Interface, with or without an
Entry Frame. However the series of IF ELSE statements that separate out the
various combinations e.g. in a Framework or in a Project Interface, with or
without an Entry Frame, should be simple to follow.

The first script icon in the model is a readme file that explains the use of
every field in the wizard's form.

I am not sure if the navToPage function contained in the pageTemplates
template includes code to accomodate working in a Framework, because in
normal use in a pageTemplates project you work at the Page level and not the
icon level, so any use of Frameworks would be hidden from you.

Kind regards

Johnathan