[Xerte] templatePath problem in Page Templates with Desktop Xerte 2

Mary Ann Ahearn maryann at moberg.com
Mon Nov 8 21:36:10 GMT 2010

We've been using the page wizards to create learning objects that we then
load into a flash wrapper application that creates a menu of them so that
the user can select them as desired.

Everything works fine with the wizard created pages when run directly in the
browser.

All xerte pages that are created by hand rather than by page templates work
fine when run in our wrapper and also when published and run on their own in
a browser.

The problem comes when we run an rlo file containing wizard-created pages
from our flash wrapper - it can't seem to resolve "templatePath" in order to
find the panel.swf that I reference.

We can't find where templatePath is being assigned.  Looked around on the
wiki page the source for xerte.swf but couldn't find it.

Here's the line from the one of the page template rlm files:
        <DIS tabIndex="-1" id="panel" name="panel" x="-300" y="20"
type="ext" url="templatePath + 'common/whitePanel.swf'"><![CDATA[]]></DIS>

Tried substituting "fileLocation" for it but that didn't work.

What did work is just removing "templatePath"  from the url like this:
        <DIS tabIndex="-1" id="panel" name="panel" x="-300" y="20"
type="ext" url="'common/whitePanel.swf'"><![CDATA[]]></DIS>

Here's how we're loading the rlo file in our flash wrapper:
        this._parent.attachMovie('Xerte', 'myRLO', 0).init('DABB.rlo', 230,
80, 1020, 640);

In short, we've figured out a way to edit the rlo files so that they work in
our wrapper but then they don't work outside of it.

Hoping there's a way to get the same file to work in both situations.

Thanks!!
ma