[Xerte] Issue with SCORM and Moodle

Chris Jack christopherjack at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 10:36:07 GMT 2010

Hi,

There seems to be an issue with using SCORM with XERTE and Moodle.

We have run a few tests and the issue seems to be on the XERTE side,

Please find some feedback from our developer below,

After spending some time looking into why xerte doesn't seem to show a score
in the moodle grade book I think I've figured out why.

Basically the output from xerte doesn't work... The package template
that xerte spits out has a spelling error in the script tag that imports
the scorm api wrapper, meaning it has no way of communicating moodle's scorm
engine.

After I patched it and tried again it seems that no communication is even
being attempted by the xerte package other than to start and stop the
session. This means it doesn't even suggest anything about a scoring
mechanism or setting a lesson status. Although technically both of those
values aren't required together at least one of them needs to
be present otherwise there is nothing to report. If would like me to explain
how moodle makes use of these values then let me know as it is a bit
complicated/lengthy to do by email.

Thanks for any help,

Chris