[Xerte] frameworks

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 3 19:48:33 GMT 2010

A Framework is a container for pages. To use a Framework you add the
Framework Icon as a child of a Page Icon. You then add Page Icons as
children of the Framework Icon. In the Table of Contents the single page
that contains the Framework icon is listed, but that page when opened by the
user can present a series of pages.

The Interactive List Page Wizard uses a Framework, so that can provide you
with one worked example.

The Page Wizard demonstration project (which can be downloaded from the
Xerte Wiki's Page Wizard page) includes an example of the use of Routed
Pages using two pages based on the Routed Tab Navigator Page Wizard. These
two pages are contained in a Framework icon. So if you take a look at this
project it will provide you with a simple worked example that uses a
Framework.

Kind regards

Johnathan

PS The Xerte reference which is part of the Xerte Help File lists details of
the Properties, Methods, and Events, of the Xerte Icons. This can be a
valuable resource when trying to learn more about how the various Icons
work.