[Xerte] Re: routed page

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 1 12:27:20 GMT 2010

The routed page wizards require the name of a page to route to.

If you set the mode to "development" then the routed page will display an
error message if it cannot find the name of the page you have specified to
go to. If no error message is being displayed and the mode is set to
"development" then the named page is being found.

Once the routed page has found the name of the page it needs to go to, the
process it follows in order to correctly get to that page depends on two
things

   1. Whether the page is a child of the interface or of a framework icon -
   there is a setting in the wizard for this. If this is incorrectly set then
   the navigation to the correct page will fail.
   2. Whether the interface (or framework) of which the routed page is a
   child is using an Entry Frame again there is a setting for this, it may
   described as the Navigation Offset in earlier routed page wizards.

If you expand the model of the routed page in the project tree, you should
see that the first child icon of the page is a script icon. If you look at
the script it should contain a full description of every field available in
the page's wizard.

If you download the demonstration project from the Page Wizard page of the
Xerte Wiki you can open the project in Xerte and examine sample routed pages
and view their settings.

With respect to queries regarding Page Wizards there may often be a longer
delay in getting a response to any queries posted, than you would normally
get from the Xerte Team, as I am not part of the team and am not at a
computer console for most of the day. But I will answer Page Wizard related
queries as soon as I am able to.

Kind regards

Johnathan