[Xerte] Xerte 3 wish list

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Thu May 27 15:15:02 BST 2010

I have had a chance to start playing around with Xerte 3 and it looks like
it is going to amazing.

My early dabbles have left me with a few things I would like to see in Xerte
3 if possible.

1. Can we have right click options on icons e.g.
  Properties (To open the property window, I know it is not supposed to
close but sometimes it does and you can't get it back).
  Delete (to move the icon to a deleted folder for temporary holding),
  Duplicate (to create a second copy of the icon). I know from a recent
posting there is the option to ctrl + drag to duplicate, but having a
visible way to duplicate icons that was consistent with Xerte 2.n would be
nice.
2. Would it be possible where you have properties with a predictable set of
available values e.g. easing function, to provide a list of those values
rather than a blank text field? Whilst some users might want to write their
own easing function (I am guessing here) most will just want to use one that
is already defined. But it would be much quicker and more intuitive to
select this from a list of valid options than it currently is to have to
research what options are available and then type one in.
3. Can we have the open dialogue remembering a list of recent projects?
4. I recently had to change my account for this mailing list. I vaguely
remember there being some reference to being able to categorise postings. As
the Xerte project is getting bigger and bigger - now there is Xerte 3 and I
guess at some point Xerte 3 toolkits, would it be useful to be able to
differentiate in some way which product a posting refers too?

Kind regards

Johnathan