[Xerte] Categories Label stack appearance

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Wed May 12 11:53:28 BST 2010

Hello Bala,

The page wizard version of the categories page is based on the model file
used by the desktop version of Xerte when using the project wide template
"Page Templates", not the toolkits version of Xerte.

When I created the page wizard version I found a problem with the original
model that created some anomolies when there were a lot of labels. The page
wizard fixed these anomolies. I emailed Julian my findings at the time, but
since then have retired, so I no longer have access to the details of that
email.

I have vague recollections that it related to the size and positioning of
labels when there were a lot of labels and at the time I was working on a
project that needed a page with at least twelve labels, so there was no room
for the cascading effect you describe.

I have created a new project based on the Page Templates project wide
template and used the category page and it also stacks the labels on top of
each other as the wizard does. So I am guessing that the Page Templates
model was fixed to overcome the anomolies I mentioned but that these changes
were not made to the toolkits model.

I no longer have access to a Xerte toolkits installation to test this.

Kind regards

Johnathan