[Xerte] Page Wizards

johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Sat May 8 22:42:36 BST 2010

Hello Bala,

I have not built anything into the mcq page wizard's form to allow the selection of a font for any of the text icons.

However one of the wonderful things about page wizards is that they expose there icon structure. If you expand the mcq page's icon structure in the left hand panel of xerte you can see all the icons that make up the page's model.

You will see that there are three text icons labelled Instruction, Question and Feedback (feedback is a child of the button icon). If you select any one of these text icons in Xerte's left hand panel you can then look at the icon's properties in Xerte's right hand panel. Look at the text icon's optional properties (it is a drop down list). One of the text icon's optional properties is textFont. If you highlight this optional property and click on the Add button you can add this property to the text icon. You can then enter the name of a font and this font will be used whenever this text icon is displayed.

However don't be to adventurous in your selection of font, you need to select a font that will be available on your users computer. For more information about fonts open the Xerte help and search on textFont.

Incidentally the list can be searched. The discussions on the list go back to early versions of Xerte, so some answers, though accurate when originally given may have been superceded by more recent developments.

Kind regards

Johnathan