[Xerte] Uploading xerte to a server

Patrick McMahon patrick.mcmahon at plymouth.ac.uk
Mon May 3 12:32:09 BST 2010

Hi,
I really like xerte when I looked at in the sandpit. I have a webspace, where I host a wordpress blog and a moodle course. I am no expert, but I can, generally speaking, upload things like this to my webserver and make use of them. I am trying to do this with xerte but cannot - does it work in the same way as these other things? The instructions are very difficult to follow. I have been trying to follow Pat Lockley's installation guidelines, but cannot really understand them. So far I get this message after installation on the webpage:

Warning: include(database.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/englisl5/public_html/xerte/config.php on line 30

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'database.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home2/englisl5/public_html/xerte/config.php on line 30

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user 'englisl5'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home2/englisl5/public_html/xerte/config.php on line 34

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in /home2/englisl5/public_html/xerte/config.php on line 3

Any tips?
Thanks for a great tool.

Patrick McMahon
EFL Lecturer