[Xerte] AS beginner question - events

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 11:19:22 GMT 2010

You may be trying to reinvent the wheel.
No harm in that of course, it's how I learned my AW.

Drop a button interaction on the flow.
Look at the available button properties and add "swf".
Give it a path and use a swf compiled from one of the fla's in
C:\Program Files\Xerte\templates\buttons

All the states are handled automatically.
Make a copy of one of those fla's and you can customize the look to whatever you want.

In a script icon:
debug('hello world');

For info on an object:
inspect(object_id);
e.g.
inspect(rootIcon);

Run from:
Highlight icon in tree and hit Control F5
Will start from the top of the page containing that icon.

Shift+ Control F5 will do the same, but stop on the highlighted icon for editing.

More granular would be nice, but I suspect the page is the lowest level natural container.

Last file open would require writing to the user's drive to create an .ini file.
I think Xerte by design does none of that.