[Xerte] AS beginner question - events

ron at kccsoft.com ron at kccsoft.com
Thu Mar 25 00:24:41 GMT 2010

Hello All:

I'm taking baby steps in AS and trying to setup an event listener on a
button (button id = 'eventid') in an entry frame at the top of the flowline.
The code is pasted below. Later in the flowline I'm expecting to have the
button change color and move 50 pixels left when I roll over it. This seems
to work in Flash, but in xerte it just freezes the program.

What am I doing wrong?

eventid.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, onOvereventid);

function onOvereventid(e:MouseEvent):void

{

          eventid.alpha=.3;

          eventid.x=(eventid.x-50);

}