[Xerte] accessing FWTitle and pageTitle with visuals off

Mary Ann Ahearn maryann at moberg.com
Mon Mar 22 14:22:49 GMT 2010

I've been struggling with getting to the learning object title and the
page title to display in my custom interface if visuals are turned off on
the interface icon.

with visuals = 0
rootIcon.FWTitle.text: undefined

with visuals =1
rootIcon.FWTitle.text: 'My Learning Object'

Read something about the controller in the list archives but couldn't
figure out how to access it:

rootIcon.controller.FWTitle.text: undefined
controller.FWTitle.text: undefined

Finally found a way to do it via the XMLElement and action script:

rootIcon.XMLElement.attributes.title: 'My Learning Object'

This gives me what I want regardless of the visuals setting.  Getting to
the page title similarly should be doable.

Is there a better way to do this?  Am I missing something really obvious?
Can't believe how long it took me to figure this one out but I'm very much
in learning mode when it comes to processing XML.

Thanks so much!
Mary Ann