[Xerte] Text Entry field height

Brydges, Stephen Stephen.Brydges at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Mar 22 14:12:26 GMT 2010

I'd like a text entry that is, say, 5 lines high. The default appearance
is that of a single line. The field does grow as they user reaches the
line end, but I think the implicit suggestion is that one line is what's
expected, and I want to encourage more.

I have tried turning off the border, and using my own taller background,
but then it is not obvious that they have to click in the top line, for
the text entry to get focus. The height parameter to textentry doesn't
seem to affect it.

On a related note, is there an easy way to get the text field to accept
enter as a newline?