[Xerte] Hiding interface controls

Brydges, Stephen Stephen.Brydges at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Mar 15 12:24:20 GMT 2010

Hi Xerte list,

   This is my first post. I'm looking to use Xerte 2.5 for a healthcare
project that may need to be run from a server and also on a standalone
kiosk, not connected to the internet. I like the rapid development based
on page templates, and my first impressions are that it will do the job
well.

The application will have a lot of student reflection (a text entry box
on almost every page). I found an earlier explanation of how to set this
up with PHP and MYSql and that is working well. But to differentiate
user responses, I need them to identify themselves, and so want to force
them through a login prompt (It's not high security- but would be
helpful).

At the moment my login page is the first page in the Interface. I've
tried adding a framework above the interface with no success. It does
work as the first page, but the paging button provided by the Interface
gives a very easy way to bypass this. I can switch off the navigation
buttons with rootIcon.hideControls()...

But how do I turn it back on again?

I've tried rootIcon.showControls() rootIcon.hideControls(0,1,-1 etc) but
with no success.