[Xerte] Installing Maxos 1.51

jventola at verizon.net jventola at verizon.net
Mon Mar 15 00:39:40 GMT 2010

For fellow newbies

I got a little confused by the filenames in the instructions of Maxos 1.51. The docs refer to
downloading Xampp.zip, whereas I had Maxos_151.zip.  I just started with a clean USB stick,
unzipped the distribution file on my local hard drive and then coped the contents, not the
folder, to the root of my stick.

That is, when you unzip locally you get a folder with files from the zip. Don't copy the folder
copy only the contents of the folder, so that the Xamp folder is at the root, along with a very
few other files. Then follow the instructions to start the apache and mysql and navigate to the
Toolikit.

And then WOW.  What a garden of delights.