[Xerte] toolkit on a stick

Rochford, Thomas t.rochford at rsc-eastern.ac.uk
Sat Mar 13 14:57:00 GMT 2010

Hi JVenbtola,

MAXOS contains a full implementation of Xerte OnLine toolkits including the
latest templates from Nottingham and some additional templates from Mitchell
Media. The 'Quiz' also includes a random number of questions from a finite
list (e.g. 5 out of 20).

There are some sample LOs included.

Mahara is a public domain e:portfolio system. This is very much a beta
attempt to get it to work on a stick. When the interoperability standards for
e:portfolios are finalised (LEAP 2.0 - http://wiki.cetis.ac.uk/LEAP_2.0 )
this should enable users to transfer e:portofolios between different
institutional systems. Mahara is supposed to be LEAP compliant.
http://wiki.mahara.org/Developer_Area/Import//Export/LEAP_Import

Kindest Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Rochford, e-Learning Advisor, JISC Regional Support Centre - Eastern
Tel: 07500 669002 e-mail: t.rochford at rsc-eastern.ac.uk
RSCs - Stimulating and Supporting Innovation in Learning
RSC Eastern welcomes feedback on our services via support at rsc-eastern.ac.uk
e-mail