[Xerte] toolkit on a stick

jventola at verizon.net jventola at verizon.net
Fri Mar 12 19:47:35 GMT 2010

After much hassle (oh for some clear docs) I have managed to install Xerte Online Toolkits
1.5 on a USB stick with XAMPP. I get as far as the opening page.  But when I try to create a
project, I get this:

    Warning: require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xertetoolkits\modules//edit.php) [function.require]:
    failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
    N:\xampp\htdocs\xertetoolkits\edit.php on line 255

    Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required
    'C:\xampp\htdocs\xertetoolkits\modules//edit.php'
    (include_path='.;\xampp\php\PEAR') in N:\xampp\htdocs\xertetoolkits\edit.php on line
    255

Now I did have to tell Xampp te relocate because I accidentally installed XAMPP with device
paths the first time.  However, I used Xampp menu item 2 to relocate and told it NOT to use
device letters.  But the error message suffests it wants to look in C:

BTW--The Toolkits Guide makes mention of installing on USB stick and then drops the
subject.  Maybe the XERTE DOCS should be maintained openly so that the community could
upgrade them?