[Xerte] xpert RSS feeds

RonM ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 15:30:20 GMT 2010

Adam/Pat

I can't helping thinking that even if you're aware of this Adam or if I'm
wrong this needs pointing out for those who don't so here goes...

The easiest way to share LO's from a toolkits installation with xpert or as
part of more local collaboration is to use the functionality built-in to the
toolkits installation! This is summarised in the part 2 guide available via
http://techdis.ac.uk/getxerte

Any user has the option of ticking checkboxes to share for viewing and/or
share for downloading as zip and scorm too and this is per LO so some you
can share and some you can choose not to. The basic info needed and
categories etc are quick to add for the user and can be customised via
management.php.

So even if as Pat says not all xpert content is Xerte content it seems to me
a no brainer to use the functionality withing toolkits to share the xerte
LO's and submit a different feed for non-xerte LO's.

So Adam if this is what you're thinking then your syndicated feed is
http://elearning.net.marjon.ac.uk/rlo/syndicate.php submit that to xpert and
refer to the above guide as to how to share LO's and your done!

So was that what you were looking to do or have I missed something L

HTH

Ron