[Xerte] Interface Volume Control

Johnathan Kemp johnathan.kemp at cxstaffs.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 09:21:07 GMT 2010

If there are a number of sound or movie files with different audio
levels then having one global sound control will not solve the problem
of having to adjust the sound each time you play one of the movies. I
don't know whether there is any way to pass a parameter to the swf that
plays the movies to adjust the initial sound level either louder than
default or lower than a default volume, though that could get
complicated.

It would be useful to have a volume control, but if it becomes part of
the controls displayed when visual is set to 1 on the interface, then
anyone not using the default interface will have to also introduce a
volume control into their interface.

If the volume control could become part of the media control bar that is
displayed when a movie or sound file is played, then this would ensure
that it was available even when the default interface was not used. The
snag here is that it would not be available for swfs where Interactivity
was set to Native swf.

Perhaps the optimum solution would be to include the volume control in
the default interface, but to provide an easy way to embed the volume
control into any custom interface that was being used when
interface.visuals = 0.

Kind regards

Johnathan

Johnathan Kemp