[Xerte] Full install failing on page 4: No database selected

RonM ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 15:12:30 GMT 2010

Hi Steve

I've had this kind of problem on windows/IIS installations too. So a couple
of suggestions but from memory...

1.       Try the installation again but before you submit page3 to page 4
check database.php which should be created automatically in the root of your
install but may not have all the correct values. If it doesn't edit that so
that it does and then submit page 3 to page 4.

2.       If that all works remember that if you haven't used ldap you will
need to rename index.php and either use switch.txt or demo.txt renamed to
index.php

3.       If steps 2 & 3 don't work check the site details table for errors
if some of the paths are incorrect try fixing those in the database.

Pat may have other suggestions but try this and post back to the list.

HTH

Ron