[Xerte] Full install failing on page 4: No database selected

Steve Ricketts velocedge at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 7 14:40:53 GMT 2010

I'm trying a new full install on Windows Vista with IIS.  It creates the database fine but when I get to the 4th page there are a ton of errors all ending with no database selected.  I've changed the setup/database.txt file to reflect the current installation (found that in post) but there is no change in the errors.  I basically left the mysql information on page3.php alone.  Can anyone help me to the next step?

Thanks,

sr

PS. Regarding the discussion of forum vs. e-mail, as a newcomer the response of the e-mail replies is terrific and very helpful.  However, what I really would like is a way to easily look back at a threaded discussion on a specific issue... I have many I need to chase and am reluctant to ask questions about every silly thing that pops into my head.   Today, I used the newly reference search function to find some information on the problem mentioned above, but it was very difficult to follow.  There are multiple topics in the threads and it's easy to loose your way... I'm not sure I found all the references.

Is there no way to have your cake and eat it too... (then again what's the purpose of having the cake in the first place!) where you can e-mail each post in a forum to the mailing list?   You could have your forum topic areas and those that wanted to follow that route could deal with a regular forum (sub topics, search threads, etc.) and the mailing list people still get to receive each post in their e-mail.