[Xerte] FORUM or EMAIL

Paul M Russell (PMS) paul.russell at pms.ac.uk
Sun Mar 7 12:15:17 GMT 2010

I really value this email dissemination rather than a forum. I use forums certainly -I have a problem and I go to the forum to see if someone else has sorted it. So why do I prefer this email method even though I have to spend at least 30secs/day tidying up my Xerte emails?
One main reason is that with such a new and rapidly developing tool others think of ideas which I haven't had the time or the inclination to think of, I have a look at the subject titles and soon realise whether it is interesting or not then when the final email comes in on that subject, as it has all the previous emails embedded within it, I archive it to my Xerte folder and delete all the others. I frequently forward the same songle email to my staff too acting as a kind of gatekeeper. Because all the emails start with Xerte in the subject it is a very simple matter to delete them. As suggested I could automatically send all my xerte emails to that folder but that would mean I being the person that i am, would never see them. this way I am 'self forced' to spend a few seconds a day keeping up to date with Xerte. long may it continue.

Paul Russell, PCMD E-learning Officer,
C517, Portland Square,
Postal address C206 Portland Square,
University of Plymouth Campus. PL4 8AA