[Xerte] ANN: Forum

Mark Tomlinson, AC&S Ltd mark.tomlinson at acns-group.com
Mon Mar 1 13:48:43 GMT 2010

Snippets forum now available.

Mark

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Paul Swanson
Sent: 26 February 2010 22:44
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: RE: [Xerte] ANN: Forum

How about a sub-forum for AS code snippets? I'm a coder (PHP mostly), but I
often struggle with AS, mostly because I find Adobe's documentation
difficult to navigate. Seems like you have to know what class some method is
in before you can drill down and find it to get the syntax.

I've got some script that creates an array with HTML entities as the index
and the Unicode equivalents as the value, so I don't have to look up the
Unicode, I just need to remember the HTML entity name (like ®, –,
etc.). It's come in very handy for me, and I would be happy to share it.

I'm sure there are others out there who would benefit from the experience of
seasoned AS coders.

Paul