[Xerte] Problems installing Xerte

Patrick Lockley Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 9 11:50:47 BST 2010

Hello,

>From the look of the error message, it looks like maybe the setup folder
wasn't set as writable?

'Insert into DATABASE_PREFIXsitedetails(site_id) VALUES ( "1")'

DATABASE_PREFIX - is a place holder in setup/database.txt which should
be replaced by the value you set on page 2 of the installer.

Assuming your database prefix isn't DATABASE_PREFIX, I would guess
removing this manually from database.php will fix it.

You might find that if the setup folder wasn't set as 777 then the
.htaccess file won't have been written to the root folder either -
should you have set the system to use the .htaccess file then you might
hit problems.

Pat