[Xerte] Publishing in Xerte

Butler, Ross R.W.Butler at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Jul 23 15:29:58 BST 2010

Dear Xerte List Members,

I have a couple of questions with regard to the publishing process in Xerte which I was hoping someone might be able to provide the answers to:

1)      On opening the Xerte Online Editor Window, the Firefox status bar reads 'Transferring data from <Xerte web server name>...'. This message never disappears no matter how long the window is open for which strikes me as unusual behaviour - is this typical for Xerte? Does the issue occur with other users' installations?

2)      On clicking the publish button from the editor window, changes are saved and the publish button lights up with a green border - is this an indication that the publish was successful? The lack of feedback from the system regarding whether the publish has occurred successfully or not has led to some users querying whether or not the system is actually functioning correctly.

Many thanks once again for your assistance,

Ross