[Xerte] Xerte runnable on usb stick

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Sat Jul 17 19:30:54 BST 2010

Hi

if you are referring to the Windows application you should find that you can already do this...

Install on a Windows pc then copy the Xerte directory (usually C:\program files\xerte) to a usb stick and run xerte.exe from there on any pc. You won't be able to double click a .rlt or .rlo to launch xerte as the relevant file associations won't be in place but you can launch xerte and browse to the file.

If you mean Xerte Online Toolkits you can run that from a USB via MAXOS: http://www.rsc-eastern.ac.uk/Technical/Maxos/Pages/default.aspx

HTH

Ron