[Xerte] Delaying the inevitable

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 11 15:35:03 BST 2010

Architectural question.

Inside a looping structure I have a sequence of icons with a Time Limit wait at the top and bottom.
Lets say both are set to 5 seconds.

I need to pause the sequence occasionally.

I have tried setting the T/L to a higher number, which works, but of course setting it back when it is unpaused does not take effect until it has finished counting down the higher number and resumed flow.

So, next thought. Put something immediately below the timer to halt the flow.

I've always considered "repeat while" loops pretty gauche (as the smoke rises from the processor).

If I was doing this in AW, I would probably use dec icons below the timers and switch paths when a pause was needed, putting a "On False to True" conditional to start it flowing again (using the path # as the switch).

Or sod it and use the repeat loop?

Cheers,

Dave