[Xerte] Having problems with Xerte 2.10 not opening xml file

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 8 02:24:04 BST 2010

> The "broken" xml file is opened in the working directory and parsed just
> fine. Good idea, though. That would indicate the problem is in my rlo

Not sure I phrased my thought correctly.

"But other courses that also read a setup.xml file structured the same way, and with the same property line for the .rlo file, work just fine in both IE and Firefox. I’ve tried replacing the xml file with another from a working course, and also with just a bare-bones xml file, but it makes no difference."

So, is it a security/permissions issue with that specific directory?

That's what I meant by moving the problem file to a directory with a course that works, as indicated in the quote.

But don't feel lonely. Today I had a course that worked in FF and IE until I upgraded the Flash player, then all I got was a white box.

So I believe the Flash player is the issue.
Something security/permissions related.

It's actually quite ironic.
By going the panic route to get a mobile compatible player out there, they just proved Job's point: Bloated, buggy crap.
But that's Adobe's trademark.