[Xerte] Unable to locate the LMS's APIImplementation.Communication with the LMS will not occur.

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 18 16:47:30 GMT 2010

Ask your support people and see what they say:

This is not what you want:

You: 'What version of SCORM 2004 do you support?'

Helpdesk: '2004'.

You: Yes, but which version?'

Helpdesk: 'I just told you. 2004'

You: 'Yes but which version of SCORM 2004?'

Helpdesk: '2004 is the version'

You: 'yes but what version of SCORM 2004 does the LMS support?'

Helpdesk: 'Do you mean does it support SCORM 1.2?'

You: 'No. I mean is it SCORM 2004 3rd Edition or 4th Edition'

Helpdesk: 'It's SCORM 2004'

You: 'Yes, but which version...'

3rd Edition is what Xerte complies with. If the LMS supports 1.2 (all
decent LMS should) then try your learning object packaged as SCORM 1.2.

APIImplementation.Communication with the LMS will not occur.

>Which version of SCORM 2004?

Oh Gods! I'll have to get back to you about that - what version should I
be hoping for?

Thanks

Oli