[Xerte] rootIcon.preloadMedia(); - Preloading Media

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 15 15:48:13 GMT 2010

It isn't going to work on templates. In templates, often the path to the
image is an expression, not the URL, like

{templateData.blah[0].something[0].url}

The engine knows nothing of that script - it's Xerte script, and hasn't
run yet - and it can't evaluate the expression until any setup script
has run to create it the various variables / objects referred to.

You call preloadMedia()

PreloadMedia finds an expression in the XML:
{templateData.pageData[0].url}

BUT

preloadMedia / the engine cannot evaluate it - templateData does not
exist yet.