[Xerte] Ispring SWF - full screen issues

Peter Snowball southman at internode.on.net
Wed Jan 13 11:51:17 GMT 2010

I have been trialing the standalone version to integrate power point,
text, photos movies etc from a range of sources into a professional
development course.   We have Ispring and it does a great job
converting to SWF but but branching eg ; into a framework is very
limited within the one PowerPoint.

I can successfully import an Ispring media file into Xerte .  Xerte
crashes but after re opening the rlo file i must reset the size so it is
visible - typically to something around 65 w by 45 h to show the power
point and the flash lite player.  All functions well in preview
including the Ispring lite player.

If I publish and open in either Firefox or IE all functions as expected
- except if change the display to full screen the SWF file appears to
re-size its self with only a the top left  section of the slide visible,
is not readable and crashes the player. You cant get it back

I have also tested importing a simple PowerPoint into open office 3.1
and converted to SWF.  The import media still crashes xerte but after
reopening the rlo the size imported is OK and just covers the bottom
toolbar of the player (where you set text size etc.) so a small size
reset is all that is required.

All functions well  but you get the same behavior if you go to full screen.

I have also used the toolkit page template for Ispring sized to 685 x515
pixels - the import is OK and the size is OK as well (just covers the
bottom toolbar of the player (where you set text size etc.) so a small
size reset is all that is required.  Again same behavior if you go to
full screen.

Cannot see any property that would over come this (setting the interface
to default with displaysize does not seem to have any effect.

Peter Snowball
Department of Economic Development
Tasmania Australia