[Xerte] Inserting Special Characters

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 16:28:34 GMT 2010

I have it working now, but there doesn't seem to be a way of detecting
when the position of the caret moves - i.e. the user uses the mouse to
put it somewhere else in the text - I can't seem to find a change event
for that. It works fine if you're typing away, hit the special button to
add your char, then carry on typing, but doing later might be
troublesome...

I really don't want to keep polling through onEnterFrame - sometimes you
have to.

Eventually this will be a separate swf that provides all the special
characters in about 14 languages, with a combo for language, then
buttons for each char, so I can probably put all the code in that SWF
and register that as the Selection listener rather than use rootIcon -
if I have to use onEnterFrame to poll, at least then I can turn it on
and off as focus shifts from input text fields to other objects and back
again, and only poll while an input field has the focus,