[Xerte] Inserting Special Characters

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 15:27:12 GMT 2010

I want to have anumber of buttons insert special characters into a
textfield. How can I get the textfield that is currently selected when I
click a button?

If I debug (Selection.getFocus()) after clicking the button, I get - of
course - the button, as I just selected it by clicking it. How can I
know the textField that has / did have the caret in it, and the position
of the caret?

Previously I've done this by having the textfield update some variables
onChange, but this isn't an option in this case.