[Xerte] [Xerte 2.n] Inconsistent display of hyperlinks between Xerte projects and Xerte pageTemplate projects

Patrick Lockley Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 11:44:05 BST 2010

A stylesheet somewhere?

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Kemp
Johnathan
Sent: 18 August 2010 11:39
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: [Xerte] [Xerte 2.n] Inconsistent display of hyperlinks between
Xerte projects and Xerte pageTemplate projects

Try this

In Xerte create a new project, add a page, add a text icon to the page,
then add some text to the text icon. Mark up some of the text as a
hyperlink and add a valid url. Then preview the project. The page will
display, the hyperlink will look just the same as the rest of the text (
it won't be underlined or in a different colour) and if you click on the
link a web browser will open and take you to the url specified.

Now create a xerte project based on pageTemplates, use a Plain Text page
and enter the same text and hyperlink markup as you did in the first
example. Now preview the page.

This time the hyperlink part of the text will display as underlined and
in a different colour.

Is there something missing from the standard Xerte preview engine that
exists when pageTemplates projects are used?

I have created a working page Wizard for the new Links page and despite
using effectively the same model as that used in the pageTemplates
version of the page I am getting the same result, no underlining or
colour change on the hyperlinks. I can force underlining by wrapping the
hyperlink in <u></u> tags, but it should not be necessary.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Johnathan